At A Glance
Catholic Foundation is the fundraising arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore.
It supports only approved initiatives of the archbishop that are aligned to the vision of the archdiocese to build a vibrant, evangelising and missionary Church.
Examples of causes funded by Catholic Foundation
- Operations of key Catholic organisations that are responsible for evangelisation efforts and formation of the Catholic community, such as
- Archdiocesan Commission for Catholic Schools (ACCS)
- Catholic Leadership Centre (CLC)
- Catholic Preschool Education (Singapore) Limited (CPES)
- Catholic Theological Institute of Singapore (CTIS)
- Digital Church Office (DCO)
- Office for Catechesis (OFC)
- Office for the New Evangelisation (ONE)
- Office for Young People (OYP)
- Initiatives that promote and support the vision of the archdiocese such as Formation & Evangelisation and Media
- Scholarships to support the building of the human and organisational capacity of the Church in Singapore
- Clergy welfare and retirement for our elderly shepherds
- Major building projects such as the Catholic Hub, Bethany East Clergy Residence (completed) and the St Francis Xavier Seminary Building (completed)
- Sinking funds for the future lease renewals and building renovations of parishes and the archdiocesan properties
Catholic Foundation supports only approved initiatives of the archbishop that are aligned to the vision of the archdiocese to build a vibrant, evangelising and missionary Church.
After Catholic Foundation was established in 2012, it made its first call to select archdiocesan organisations for grants in 2013. In 2014, the Catholic Foundation’s second full year of operations, it disbursed a sum of $453,870 in grants.
Since then, grant disbursements have been increasing in line with the rising needs of the Church.
Find out more about grant disbursements in Catholic Foundation’s annual reports.
CATHOLIC FOUNDATION GRANT DISBURSEMENTS
* Figure for 18-month period from 1 Oct 2016 to 31 Mar 2018, due to change in financial year-end.
GIFT (Giving in Faith & Thankfulness) is a rallying call to all Catholics to Build the Church Today for Tomorrow.
Resources are needed for the many archdiocesan organisations to continue their work in key areas including education, evangelisation and youth. They work as many parts of one body, seeking to bring the light of Christ to every aspect of society. Notable organisations include the Archdiocesan Commission for Catholic Schools (ACCS), Office for the New Evangelisation (ONE), Office for Young People (OYP), and more.
PRAY – Let us pray for a constant spiritual rejuvenation of our Church.
ACT – Let us actively use our God given talents to love others today.
GIVE – Let us consider pledging a monthly contribution to our archdiocese, so that our Church may always have what is necessary to spread God’s love.
While Catholic Foundation welcomes all contributions from the heart, we especially advocate for regular giving.
A monthly GIFT pledge is the most sustainable way of supporting the Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore. It allows for the Church to plan ahead and properly allocate funding.
Regular contributions can be made through GIRO, Credit Card and through 2nd collections every 3rd Sunday of the Month. GIRO and online transactions have become the preferred method of regular giving as it is more efficient and convenient. You can make your monthly pledge here.
Monthly and One-Time Gifts
Different modes of giving have been made available for your convenience. Besides a one-time contribution, please consider a monthly pledge. This ensures that a stable stream of income supports the operational needs of growing the Church for its mission.
Legacy giving, also known as planned giving or bequest, enables you to continue your support for the work of the Church after you have passed on.
GIFT My Event
GIFT My Event is a platform that encourages individuals to support the pastoral vision of the Archdiocese of Singapore through their own circles of friends and community.
It allows for a more meaningful way to celebrate personal events or occasion by channelling contributions or gifts towards Catholic Foundation and the organisations and initiatives it funds.
Make a gift in memory of a loved one. Bereavement contributions can be made to honour the memory of a loved one who has passed on. In addition, you can request that your family and friends contribute to the mission of the Church through Catholic Foundation instead of sending wreaths.
Please call us at 6338-0348 or email [email protected] if you would like to leave a memorial gift to the Catholic Foundation.
The Catholic Foundation accepts gifts in kind such as shares and valuable assets.
Please call us at 6338-0348 or email [email protected] for more information on the types of gifts that can be accepted.